The latest report from Wolters Kluwer and the European Company Lawyers Association (ECLA), Legal Departments on the Move, offers insight into how legal departments have responded to challenges including the impact of the pandemic, ESG issues, and work processes. It touches on key issues that all legal departments currently are faced with and shows how our legal profession has fared in Europe over the last few years.
Key findings include:
- 54% of legal departments see contract management as needing urgent improvements
- Nine out of ten legal departments use legal software solutions daily
- 25% of legal departments have seen a higher approval of their digital budgets
- 78% of legal departments consider properly digitalised legal departments to be at an advantage when managing ESG projects
- Increase in remote working seen by 85% of legal departments